Counselling and NeuroFeedback services are unavailable until after Nov. 1, 2019.
Personal and professional neurofeedback units are available to rent for a month.
Jan Yordy has been working with children since 1973, first as an elementary teacher and later as a counselor and play therapist. In the last 20 years, her counseling practice has expanded to include work with teens and adults. Jan holds:
- a Master of Education
- a Master of Social Work
- Certified Play Therapist with the Canadian Association of Child and Play Therapists
- Certified Brain Gym Instructor
- Certified EMDR Therapist
- Certification as an Energy Therapist (EDxTm)
- Advanced Certification in NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback
Jan tailors her counseling sessions to the needs and wishes of her clients. With empathy and wisdom, she draws from a range of tools to support others in letting go of the thoughts, feelings and beliefs that have held them back; she enables those who have suffered from trauma to process this in healthy ways, and she seeks to empower all to live meaningful and fulfilling lives. Her therapeutic toolkit includes the following techniques:
- Play Therapy
- Brain Gym
- Energy Psychology techniques, including EFT, TAT, EDxTm, etc.
In addition to her private practice, Jan has developed a series of educational resources to help children process thoughts and feelings. Jan has also presented about holistic work with children, and adapting therapeutic techniques for use with children at a range of conferences:
- International EMDR Conference (2003 & 2008)
- International Energy Psychology Conference (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, & 2010)
- European International Energy Psychology Conference (2003)
- Energy Conference in Guatemala (2002 & 2003)
- International Play Therapy Conference (2004)
- Canadian EMDR Annual Conference (2008, 2010, 2012, & 2013)
- Kentucky Play Therapy Association (2011)
She also facilitates workshops to share her insights and tools with parents, educators and other therapists.